- 10 lessons in June-Aug for $175
- FREE rental instrument & FREE starting book for new students
- Lessons must be pre-paid & utilized by Aug 26
- Lesson pkgs to be used by 1 person, not shared
Current rate for one half-hour private lesson is $20/lesson (typically $80/month) and must be paid at the start of each month. Payment can be made by e-transfer, cash, cheque or PayPal (PayPal payments will include an additional $2.50 surcharge due to service fees). Payments not made by the 2nd lesson of the month will accrue a 10% late charge unless special arrangements are made.
When more than 24 hours notice is given the lesson will be made up in one of the following ways:
- The lesson will be rescheduled to another in-person spot available within the same week.
- If no suitable in-person spots are available, or if the student has cold/flu symptoms but is well enough to play and learn, the lesson will be rescheduled to an online spot within the same week.
If less than 24 hours notice is given or no suitable makeup spots are available:
- The student will send in a video of them playing their pieces, studies and technical exercises within 24 hours of the regular lesson time; the teacher will in turn send back a video lesson*, critiquing their progress and introducing them to the next piece/exercise (if student is deemed ready to continue).
- If the student is unable to provide a video, or the student misses a lesson but fails to cancel, the teacher will send a video lesson* giving suggestions on conquering known trouble spots with an introduction to the next piece or exercise when appropriate.
*video lessons will not be more than 10 minutes in length; it is expected that the student will watch and listen to the video repeatedly, mirroring the techniques that the teacher demonstrates.
There are absolutely no credits or discounts in lieu of lessons cancelled by students. Months that have holidays on the lesson days will be discounted accordingly
In the event of a teacher absence, the missed lesson will be credited towards the following month unless a make-up lesson is convenient for both parties to book.