RATES: Current rate for one half-hour private lesson is $20/lesson (typically $80/month) and must be paid at the start of each month. Payment can be made by e-transfer or PayPal (PayPal payments will include an additional $2.50 surcharge due to service fees). Payments not made by the 2nd lesson of the month will accrue a 10% late charge unless special arrangements are made.
ABSENCES: Upcoming absences should be reported as soon as they are known about; the more notice given the more options you will have for a makeup lesson.
When more than 24 hours notice is given the lesson will be made up in one of the following ways:
- The lesson will be rescheduled to another in-person spot available within the same week.
- If no in-person spots are available, the lesson will be rescheduled to an online spot within the same week.
If less than 24 hours notice is given or no makeup spots are available the lesson will be made up in one of the following ways:
- The student will send in a video of them playing their pieces, studies and technical exercises within 24 hours of the regular lesson time; the teacher will in turn send back a video lesson*, critiquing their progress and introducing them to the next piece/exercise (if student is deemed ready to continue).
- If the student is unable to provide a video, the teacher will send a video lesson* giving suggestions on conquering known trouble spots with an introduction to the next piece or exercise when appropriate.
*video lessons will not be more than 10 minutes in length; it is expected that the student will watch and listen to the video repeatedly, mirroring the techniques that the teacher demonstrates.
All missed lessons are to be cancelled and rescheduled through the lesson portal in My Music Staff. Emailing, phoning or texting in your cancellation will limit your options for a make-up lesson. There are absolutely no credits or discounts in lieu of lessons cancelled by students. Months that have holidays on the lesson days will be discounted accordingly. Click HERE to view the 2020-2021 teaching and holiday schedule.
In the event of a teacher absence, the missed lesson will be credited towards the following month unless a make-up lesson is convenient for both parties to book.
LESSON TRIAL PACKAGES (regular price):
– 6 half-hour lessons + starting books – $120
– 6 lessons + books + rental instrument* – $150
New students only; regular rates apply after trial period.
*limited quantity of rental instruments available
Click HERE to register